This was one of the most popular lunches our school cooks made for us. My family also loves it. It’s an easy weeknight dinner and also freezes well. I often make a double batch and freeze one pan for later.
Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 4
1 lb ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
1 c instant rice
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c american cheese chunks
1 can(s) corn
salt & pepper to taste
1. Brown beef and diced onion. Season with salt and pepper. Drain well.
2. Preheat oven to 375*. Have ready a 9×13 baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl stir together rice, soups, corn, and American cheese chunks.
4. Place browned meat into baking dish. Pour rice mixture over the top. Cover with foil and bake 30-45 minutes, or until bubbly.
5. Remove cover and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!